Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tonight at the Napa - Sonoma Marsh

I went out to the marsh, tonight, for a little long exposure photography. The truck I had hoped to photograph was no longer there, but this big D8 Cat was.
The wind was cold and blowing pretty good, but the waxing moon and broken clouds were what I was hoping for.
While I was standing on this leveee, a Barn Owl fly up to about 10 feet from my head, and just soundlessly hung there in the wind for about 2 full minutes. It then started coming down towards my head. I hissed a little, and it flew off. It returned a few minutes later. I'm not sure if he was curious about what I was doing, or oblivious, but it was awesome.
On top of da cat.
Big Pump.

Tractor and Clouds.


The Road Back.

2 comments:

Andria said...

Wow. Very cool!!! How fascinating about the barn owl....and kind of funny to think of you out there hissing at a barn owl in the middle of a marsh at night. :)

We miss you!!!!

terri said...

Erie, spooky and very beautiful.