Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Place Called Skyline

I have been prowling the local "wilderness park" known as Skyline, lately, because it is close. I am also trying to tune-up for this summer's treks. My trip next week is with my son in law, Dave, to the Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area in northeastern Minnesota. I can't wait!

The above gopher snake is a color morph with stripes. Below, is a gopher snake from almost the same spot with the normal saddle coloration.


It was fairly good sized, about four feet in length. The record, however, is over nine feet!

I am not sure what this young duck is. Any hunches out there?


The four photos below are of a Great Blue Heron coming in for a landing. Someday, I hope to be able to get such action photos in clear focus






Below, is a Great Egret.

Stay tuned for the boundary Water photos!

1 comment:

Andria said...

Have you been practicing "tracking?" I practice on Soren -- he's a good, busy little target. If you can get your "target" right in that center viewfinder on a Canon, and then stay with it as it moves, you can get cool pictures where the background is blurred but the subject is clear. Maybe when you're back here, I can impersonate a heron and we can practice. I'll dive into the kiddie pool.