Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Owls

I spent part of the day walking around the Napa/Sonoma Marshes, and thought I would check out this old abandoned WWII communications building. As I approached, I noticed a familiar shape in the lower right window. Do you see it?

I thought, that can't be real, it must be one of those plastic garden owls.

Then I saw it blink. It was a fledgling Great Horned Owl that had little fear of me, and apparently was expecting me to come by for lunch.


Well, he did try to threaten me a little.



Inside view - no adult in sight.

I drove over to the hay barn I had previosly seen owls in, and sure enough, there were two adult Great Horned Owls inside.

I saw other birds, of course, including this Killdeer.

1 comment:

Andria said...

WOW!!! That's really cool. I wish owls were waiting for me everywhere I went. :)