Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Colorado Birthdaypalooza

 On February 2nd, I was able to successfully fly to Denver with my brother's tuba.  This trip, as you recall, was a total disaster in December as my flight never left the ground.



Lorie gave this tuba to Jeremy, which I was able to fly out as luggage.  The tuba was made by Conn, in 1958, in Elkhart, Indiana, where I was born.  My father was in Conn Musical Instrument Repair School right after WWII, waiting to get into a piano tuning and technician school in Ohio.  Like Jeremy, my brother Steve played trombone and tuba.  He also played bass guitar and standup bass in the Yachats Big Band.  The tuba is still in very good condition and Jeremy was thrilled to get it.




You may think you have known mischievous cats, but Smoky is on a whole other level.  Despite multiple barriers, I caught him in a kitchen cabinet eating precious chips.  What ordinary cat would go to these lengths to eat chips?



Susanna is very serious about her gymnastics and is exceptionally good at it.  Notice the pointed toes.




Susanna sporting the hat Gail gave her at their tea party in Yachats.  Susanna still talks about how great that was.



Soren was the first of us boys to have his birthday.  Andria cheers him on




Soren is doing great in school, and is a star drummer in the band.




Dave and I celebrated our birthdays a couple days later.  Andria got us matching fleece lined shirts that are very warm and comfy.




Soren made me this beautiful bowl in wood shop.  He laminated different woods together, and turned it on a lathe.  It is just right for some of my agates.




Dave thoughtfully included a gift for Daisy and me; a dog frisbee.  You can see she likes it, although I don't think she can see!

1 comment:

Dave said...

It was great having you out here to celebrate the boys' February birthdays. So happy this trip went much more smoothly for you than your Christmas travel.