Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Christmas In Colorado

 I flew to Colorado for a week to celebrate the holidays with my two kids, Nick and Andria, and my grandchildren Nora, Soren, and Susanna, and Elaine.  It was the first time I have been on a plane in 2 years!  


Patty, the "good" cat, proudly displaying her holiday spirit.  Smokey, the naughty cat, was stealing food, opening Christmas gifts containing pet treats or food, and generally being a hooligan teenager.


Elaine made the annual Sicilian dinner which was highly anticipated and appreciated.


Another table view.  Dave, at the end of the table, recently returned home from his deployment to Bahrain.  He will be working right at home in Colorado Springs for at least the next 3 years. Yeah!


For the Christmas Eve talent show The Very Specials played the ska tune  A Message to Rudy by The Specials.  Andria and Nora played trombones, Soren played the drums, and I did the 15 second intro on the harmonica.


I also showed a 23 minute video of select trail cam videos and night photography photos.



Elaine and Nick performed Kenny Roger's "The Gambler", at times accompanied by Soren, Dave, and Susanna.


Nick and Andria prepping breakfast.


Nick made his world class popovers, which vanished before I got a second one.


Nora and Susanna posing with new tie wrap and hat, gifts from Gail.


Soren made me this wonderful tool box in his metal shop class.  It required welding and riveting.



Inside is a tray that lifts out.


On the 27th, Dave, Nick, Nora, and I did a 5.5 mile hike in the Front Range hills.  The temp was in the 20's and there was a strong wind.


Group shot!


I made Susanna a birdhouse kit.  Here she is woodburning a cat on the front board.


She screwed the whole thing together while I helped her hold the pieces together.


Soren is getting quite good on the drums.  Here he and Nick perform Journey's "Lights".



Zoom session with Sarah



One of the highlights of the week was a Zoom session with Aunt Sarah (my sister) in Alaska.  She had us spellbound with stories of her little NICU patients.  An hour and a half flew by before we knew it.


Meanwhile, back at River Song, Gail was experiencing a white Christmas, with a week of snow flurries.  I was sorry to have missed that as the pictures looked so beautiful.  There was still quite a bit of snow left around the property when I returned on the 29th.  Pictures to come!


1 comment:

Nick said...

It was a fantastic holiday! I shared "Creatures of the Night" with Charlotte as well as a friend that was over and they both thoroughly enjoyed it!