Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

More Fall Photos

 We had this Amanita muscaria pop up on one of our trails. 



 We've had several alders fall this fall - enough firewood already!



 We had Thanksgiving up at Lorie's and Brian's in Newport.  The next day they all came down here to show Logan, Aaron, and Allison our place and go for a hike.



 They all liked Daisy.  Aaron, on left, is going to vet technician school in Minnesota.



 Strawberry Hill Beach has become one of my favorites.



 In the basaltic lava at Neptune beach we found bone fossils



Daisy sleeping with her squirrel.



 We found several patches of chanterelle mushrooms on our property for the first time.  This is the biggest one we've ever found anywhere!  Daisy lost her collar and in the hours we spent looking for it we went deep into our jungle.  It was the tags on the collar that we wanted to find.



 Super chant!


Slime molds are creeping around the woods, too!


I thought I had a couple chipmunks nibbling our tomatoes in the greenhouse, so I bought a Have a Heart trap to relocate them.  It turned out everyday I set the trap, I caught a chipmunk.  I caught 19 in about 3 weeks. I took most of them about a quarter mile down the road.  I finally stopped bothering.



1 comment:

Andria said...

19 chipmunks!!!!! That sounds like baling out a ship as water pours in.

You guys have some cool fungi on your property. Slime mold is quite fascinating! Daisy looks so elegant curled in her bed.