Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

River Song Updates

The past two weeks have been very Daisy centered, resulting in trips to the beach, hikes, and romps in the yard.  Gail did manage an overnight in Eugene to do art exploration and a show, while I stayed home tending the critters.  Below are some pictures of what's been happening around here as we head into fall.

 Daisy loves it when we let her loose for short romps in the yard.  She seems to like getting her feet wet.  We're still concerned, though, that she might take off after an animal or alluring scent.


 With the rains the past few weeks, mushroom season is off and rolling.  We picked these chanterelles in about 10 minutes at one of our not so secret spots.  I started using the dry sautee method and love the results.


 Gail brought home this deluxe bed for Daisy, and she approves!


 Aaaahhh!


 Daisy really blows off steam at the beach and is getting quite reliable about retrieving a thrown tennis ball.


 "Yes, I'm a dog's dog!"



"I also love to carry around my dead squirrel."



The bear continues to return most nights for an apple feast.  I put a camera up in the tree.  There are few apples left, so it may be about done with this tree.


I inadvertently caught this pretty Red-breasted Sapsucker yesterday morning.


Hiking up the 5300 with Daisy this morning we saw these young Shaggy Mane fungi coming up in the middle of the road.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I really like that tree camera. What a cool angle.