Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Salem Trip

We spent two days in Salem, staying with friends Bob and Mary. I worked with Bob and Mary in the 70's and 80's in the Adolescent Treatment Program at Napa State Hospital. They moved to Oregon around 2000, and I hadn't seen them since, until this year.  On Monday, we all hiked through the very cool Riverfront Park and into the old part of the city. On Tuesday, we drove out to Silver Falls State Park with its spectacular and numerous waterfalls - several which you can actually walk behind. I should have brought a good camera as my pretty good cell phone locked me out and I didn't know my password. Gail's older cell phone at least filled in, but could not do the fall scenery justice.



 Here we are at the new pedestrian suspension bridge ("Taco Bridge") in Riverfront Park.


 Lifting this tree up for me to pass under.


 The water flow was pretty low, but spectacular anyway.





 When we started the hike, it was 40 degrees. When we finished, it was 79 - very warm for this time of year.

















 Bob says a guy went over this waterfall years ago in a canoe and survived.





No comments: