Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pictures from Christmas in Colorado

I spent Christmas with Andria's family, Nick, and Elaine in Colorado Springs. Gail packed me off with many holiday touches that elevated my status significantly.

 Nick and Soren totally into Mario Brothers

 I took a short hike with Dave and Nora.  Don't be fooled by the sunshine, it was probably around 15 degrees!

 Susanna delivering Christmas cookies to the neighbors with Andria.

 I took Andria shopping at Cavenders, a large western wear store.  

 Dave is missing from this picture because he had to work most nights I was there. He was helping to keep us all safe, though, monitoring missile movements and launches around the world.

Susanna, Nora, and Soren, Christmas Eve.

 Here I am as Santa, and Nick is my helper.  We read The Bird in Santa's Beard, a story about a bird that was left behind in the cold. Santa gave the bird a place to live in his beard.

 Nick did a great job as narrator, making the bird sounds hilarious.

 Nora getting into the act.

 Susanna loved the Elsa pony tails Gail gave her.

The two snakes that Gail and I made, the left one for Nick to guard against wild yeasts in his fermentations, and the other, patterned after the book character Verde, for the Johansons.

 Andria modeling her throw blanket from Gail.

 Christmas day even had a brief snow flurry.  Did I say it was cold?

 The other pony tail.

Stella got a Grinch mask, but we put it on all wrong.  The holes were for the ears, not the eyes!

 This is better, although it looks like Stella is thinking, "You have two seconds to get this stupid thing off my head before I draw blood!"

 More gaming!  That poor couch sure has taken a beating over the past few years.

 The popovers turned out perfectly!

 On Sunday, Nick and I had a pleasant hike around an area south of Garden of the Gods.  It was great to get outside.  The day before had wind gusts to 39 mph, and a morning temperature of 7 degrees.

 Father and son selfie.

The bat house I made for the family.  I will have to wait until next visit to help put it up, as the ground seemed frozen and we ran out of time. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


1 comment:

Andria said...

We LOVE our bat box and our Verdi snake!!!

I like the new blog format with the larger pictures. Those pics of you and Nick on your hike are great, and the one of Dave and Nora is really sweet, and Zanny posing with her red ponytail made me laugh. But I do think my favorite is that first one of Nick and Soren playing Super Mario Brothers!