Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Oat Hill Mine Trail Revisited

Saturday, I decided to hike the Oat Hill Mine Trail out of Calistoga.  Nick was working and Cassidy had an appointment, so I thought I would hike one of my old go-to trails in Napa County.  The following are cell phone snapshots.

 Poppies and lupine


 It was a fresh and glorious day with blue sky and white puffy clouds.



 Indian paintbrush and blue dicks.

 A cell phone through the binoculars shot of three turkey vultures and a raven eating on a deer carcass that was torn into two halves.



 I got hailed on for about ten minutes (note hail on ground).

My secret lunch spot on the other side of the mountain.  I was happy to see that all was pretty much the same - a very pleasant 10 mile hike.

1 comment:

Andria said...

That looks pleasant, indeed!