Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Napa Visit

Sunday, Paul, Sue, Cassidy, and I went to The rock Shop in Vacaville, then over to Davis for lunch.  This mosaic statue called The Phoenix, by Mark Rivera, adorned a front yard.  Nick had to work.


 In just a few months, Nick has created a very productive vegetable garden.  We had several great meals composed mostly of his own produce.  In his eagerness to check on the garden, Nick didn't have time to get out of his work shirt.
.
 We also had a great tapas meal at ZuZu's - thanks Paul and Sue!

 The garden, which Nick generously shares with a buck, doe, and a fawn, plus 30 some cats from next door.

 He and I had very pleasant "happy hours" tending the garden and chatting.  Actually, Nick tended the garden while I looked on, munching on snacks and sipping a beer.  Nick's home brew we made together last winter is excellent - thanks for saving a couple bottles for me and Gail!



 Nick on the job at Van Winden's Nursery  (I had to shoot fast before his fellow workers noticed).

I came home, Thursday, to a magnificent Gail reception.  She had prepared trout, butter squash, rice, and other tasty treats. Our little propeller plants were also in brilliant bloom!

Well, time to regroup and then get ready for our epic Yellowstone adventure - retirement rocks!

3 comments:

Andria said...

Our propeller plant is in bloom, too!!!! I love it!

So great to see Nick out in the garden!

Miss Cassidy Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

I look like I think I'm at the bowling alley!
Not trying to brag about my melon or anything...