Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Celebrations

We celebrated Valentine's Day with Gail's usual panache.  My relatives always remind me of the story my parents told, as if I had never heard it before.  "Mom thought she had a stomach ache from eating too much chocolate on Valentines Day, but it was really labor pains - you were born the next day!"


In the photo below, you can see Yummy Delicious perched on her climber looking out the window at birds - we are all bird lovers, here.  Penelope, our other cat, is out of the picture. Paco is the pelican perched on the counter.  He was a gift from Sarah over a year ago.  The collage on the wall was done by an artist in Oakland that we met, Thomas Christopher Haag.  I thought it would make a perfect house warming addition.  Gail is a cat lover from way back, and the cat's tail is a snake (you know I love reptiles).  Check out Thomas's website at  http://thomaschristopherhaag.com/index.html  to see amazing murals in New Mexico and Oakland.  He uses recycled latex paint from the locale, which varies with the community. 

No comments: