Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bob Gets Social

Well, I realized I don't always like hiking alone so I thought I would give this hiking Meetup Group a try for something different. Today, we met part way up Mt. Tam and (this was really different) we hiked 2 miles to a restaurant for a pancake breakfast. After breakfast and the group photo, 13 of the party headed back down to their cars. The remaining 5 of us went another 2 miles to the top of Mt. Tam. The group was a fun mix of pleasant, easygoing folks from all around the Bay Area. All in all, it was a new and fun experience which I will do again. The photos below are from the group's website which I added to my links.
The morning started with fog down in the canyons.
We're off and heading for pancakes - yum! (Nora, this might be your kind of hike).
Group shot after pancakes.

Benji is the group organizer. I learned that he graduated from the University of Vermont in electrical engineering, lives in Berkeley, and develops software for businesses.
This is the lookout tower, still manned, on the top of Mt. Tam. You can tell they don't like people climbing on it.

The view to the north.


The view to the south. Unfortunately, the fog still covered San Francisco and the ocean.

No comments: